Saturday 16th October
10.00 am UK | 11.00 am Paris
120 mins | 14 day replay
Pranayama in Perspective is a two hour flowing session of progressive pranayama that will give a ‘taste’ of the Five Phases of the Practice
- Foundations: The mechanics of ‘basic breathing’.
- Development: The use of breathing rhythms to manipulate prana.
- Alignment: Breathing patterns & visualisation techniques to bring
harmony within the Koshas.
- Purification: Nadi Shodhana & the Bandhas.
- Classical Preliminary & developmental levels of Classical Pranayamas
as described in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
In addition there will be a general practice of some of the main Pranayamas from each phase. There will be Pranayama Kriyas and Mudras, and Breath based relaxation practices that will reinforce the main Pranayamas. You will deepen your understanding of the process through this workshop.
Philip Xerri is one of the leading authorities on Pranayama in the UK. He originally trained with Swami Gitananda in Pondicherry 1981 and has been teaching Yoga & Pranayama for over 30 years. Above all, his teaching is the culmination of decades of experience, practice, research and teaching of Pranayama.
He also teaches regular 45 minute classes with Keen on Yoga on Tuesdays, which you can see here.
Minimum 2 years Yoga experience suggested
Cost €30 approx £25 | $36